SFBU Startup Scholars
SFBU Startup Scholars is a cohort-based program designed to provide full access and opportunity to deserving students throughout Silicon Valley, beginning in the fall of 2024.
Students may select from two undergraduate majors, a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (BSCS) or a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA). Please note that international applicants are not eligible for the Startup Scholars program.
Our inaugural cohort of SFBU Startup Scholars will receive:
- Full-ride scholarship
- Full coverage of living expenses in SFBU housing
- A $10,000 investment into a passion project of your choice. Pursue a project linked to a socially-minded or sustainability-focused innovation that could have an impact in a community, or in communities around the world.
- Personal access to, and support from, SFBU President Nick Ladany, PhD
- Access to, and tailored support from, our SFBU Success Advocate — so that you can plot a course of action to achieve your goals
- An optional Parent Involvement Program so that families can receive communications about upcoming events, reminders and deadlines, updates on new programs, and other pertinent information. We’ll also invite your family on-campus for special events each semester, because we want to keep them engaged.
Qualifications- Minimum high school GPA of 3.0
- Demonstrated idea/plan for a passion project
- Recommendation from a mentor, teacher, or other community figure
- Status as a first-generation student
- Applicants must be within the United States, international applicants are not eligible
- Demonstrated financial need
- Commitment to remain at SFBU for a minimum of 2 academic years fully enrolled
For more information about this opportunity, please contact us!Learn More